The Accident

"Please don't get upset," my wife said.
"What happened?"
"Look around at everyone and see they are healthy and safe," she said, "its  a  miracle."
She told me had a n 86 year old woman was in the parking lot near her, and she pressed down hard on the gas instead of the brakes.
"She smashed straight into the side of the car."
All the kids were with her in the car and felt the impact. Luckily it was in a parking lot, and not on a freeway.

I hate these situations. First of all everyone was safe and fine. They lady apologized and gave over all her details. After I hugged everyone, then I thought about calling the insurance company. I hate dealing with insurance companies, as well as lawyers. It's like walking into another dimension. Suddenly you are put on the defensive, even if you are innocent, because they assume everyone in lying. This stresses me out.

"The old lady lady said she was happy she hit us," my wife said, "we got out of the car to see if she was Ok. We gave her a glass of water. She said if she had hit a man, then he would probably would've yelled at her and cursed her out."

'Probably,' I thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Shadows

Soaking the Beds

The Dealer