Slipped Away

The cockroach ran across the bathroom floor and hid in a crevice. I looked around for a weapon, but just found a roll of toilet paper. I stood in the middle of the bathroom ready to react.

Then the cockroach crawled out of its crevice and crawled over by the bathtub. It stopped for a moment and didn't move. With all my force, I brought the roll of toilet paper down on top of it. The cockroach flipped over onto its back. Its back legs didn't move, while the front legs flung in the air.

I looked around for stronger weapon. I pulled off a wad from the toilet paper to grab the cockroach and put it into the toilet.

Then the cockroach flipped over. With its still working front legs, it ran for the crevice under the bathroom door. I tried to catch it, but it slipped away.

By the time I opened the door, the cockroach was gone. It got away. Somewhere in the apartment, a wounded cockroach, with two broken back legs, lurked around.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Shadows

Soaking the Beds

The Dealer