Pay It Forward

I was in line at the drug store to get some skin cream for a rash.
In front of me, a guy discussed with the clerk what medications to buy. She told him how much everything would cost. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cash and counted it out. He was still a couple dollars short. He didn't have his wallet with him and didn't have a credit card. He looked up at the clerk hoping she would cut him a break.

I put down the missing amount on the counter. He looked back at me. "Hey that's like one of those stories they share on Facebook where a stranger steps in to help," he said, "hey I got my wallet back in my car, I can get this back to you."

I'd read those stories too. They really inspired me. Those are true hero opportunities that are within reach of all of us.

I looked over at him and I said, "That's OK, just pay it forward."

Yeah. Keep it moving. Pay it forward.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Shadows

Soaking the Beds

The Dealer