Old Man Next Door

We learn a lot about people from the stories told about them after they are gone.

An old man that lived in the building next door died a little over a year ago. My wife told our son.

"Oh him," my son said, "you know once when I was angry, I slammed the door and ran out of our apartment. I was hiding downstairs near the cars, and he saw me. I think he was waiting for someone to pick him up and drive him somewhere. He looked at me and yelled 'Get back in your house, listen to your mother and father.' And because of him, I ran back inside."

She went to comfort the family that was mourning their father. She told this story about the old man next door, and everyone cried. He was a man that cared.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Shadows

Soaking the Beds

The Dealer