Hospital Angel

Three years ago, we arrived at the hospital when my wife was already in labor. The security guard let us drive right in to be as close to the entrance as possible. I parked the car and went around to help her out.
"No, its too much, I'll have the baby here," she said.
I needed to help her out, get her up to the delivery ward, and move the car back out to the parking lot. I tried to reassure her that she could make it, but she wasn't ready to step out of the car.

I looked around and saw an old man getting into another car behind us. They had a wheelchair. I asked if they still needed the wheelchair, and they let me take it. I tried to help my wife into the wheelchair.

Then an older woman appeared. She helped my wife into the wheelchair.
"Where does she need to go?"
"Upstairs, second floor, to the delivery room."
I moved the car back out to the parking lot.
I came upstairs and found my wife in the delivery room. A few minutes later we had a little boy.
"Where's the lady that helped you?"
"I don't know."
We never saw the hospital angel again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Shadows

Soaking the Beds

The Dealer