Dragging a Tree Branch


Walking up the street, I heard a scraping across the pavement. I looked up and saw a truck dragging a a leafy branch under its chassis. The car lurched forward and the branch remained firmly lodged underneath. The driver seemed unaware of the large branch he was dragging, eagerly trying to get through the stop sign. I looked around and nobody seemed to notice.

I stepped forward and got the driver's attention. Waving to him to wait a moment, I bent down to grab the branch. He looked at me like 'what does this guy want'. I pulled at the branch but it was stuck real good under the truck. I hoped he wouldn't get impatient and put his foot on the gas. Wiggling the branch back and forth, it felt like it was going to rip the metal or scratch the truck. Gently I got the branch to the right angle and pulled it up from under the truck.

The driver saw me carrying the branch away and honked twice, waving to me with a thumbs up sign.

I dragged the tree branch over to the sidewalk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of the Shadows

Soaking the Beds

The Dealer